Chiesa di San Francesco - Umbertide
The church of San Francesco is located at Piazza San Francesco in Umbertide, near the church of San Bernardino.
The facade has ashlar adorned with an arched portal trilobo XIV century. Above is a large oculus. Inside, with a Gothic apse, is a Franciscan type, with two aisles of which the lower part arched. Until a few years ago retained the Madonna and Child in Glory with Angels and Saints painted by Niccolò Pomarancio Circignani in 1577 and a wooden sculpture of St. Roch of 1528, attributed to Romano Alberti called il Nero. For preservation the two works were recently transferred to the nearby church of Santa Croce, today turned into a museum. Currently the adjoining convent houses the Historical Municipal and City Library.
Tastes and flavours