The Palace of the Prior or the Town Hall
The Palace of the Prior or the Town Hall has a solemn and elegant architecture, and it is one of the most important public buildings in Umbria. The Town Hall, also called "of the Priors", is one of the most distinguished public buildings in Umbria.
Built between 1322 and 1338, the architrave bezel bears an inscription, now worn, with the name of the architect Angelo from Orvieto, in addition to the emblem of the municipality. The entry hall features octagonal pillars and a large vault. A sixteenth-century staircase leads to the large Council Chamber which houses numerous Roman inscriptions on marble and stone as well as the brick stamps coming from that area and, on the wall, fragments of frescoes of the Sienese school; a fine imposing statue representing Umbria region by the local sculptor Elmo Palazzi.