The Well of the Quarry - Orvieto
The deep well, from which the entire site takes its name, was excavated, readapting a pre-existing Etruscan well, by order of Pope Clement VII, who—seeking refuge in Orvieto, in 1527—ordered its realization to draw spring water in case of a siege. Its structure consists of two parts merged together: one has a circular crosssection, the other—which is smaller and dates from the 5th – 6th century B.C.—is rectangular.
Via della Cava
05018 - Orvieto (TR)
sito web: www.pozzodellacava.it
Fonte Regione Umbria - Servizio Musei e soprintendenza ai beni librari