The Palace of the Prior or the Town Hall
Built between 1322 and 1338, on the architrave bezel it retains an inscription now worn with the name of the architect Angelo from Orvieto, in addition to the emblem of the municipality. The lobby features octagonal pillars and a large vault. A sixteenth-century staircase leads to the large Council Chamber which houses numerous Roman inscriptions on marble and stone as well as the stamps on bricks coming from that area and, on the wall, fragments of frescoes of the Sienese school; a fine imposing statue representing Umbria region by the local sculptor Elmo Palazzi.
Its construction began in 1322 and stopped after the completion of the first order of mullioned windows in 1338. On the lunette of the main door the coat of arms is carved and an inscription on the lintel shows the name of the architect, Angelo from Orvieto. He brought forward, almost at the same time, the construction of two other public buildings: the building of Podestà (chief magistrate) in the city and another one of the Consuls in Gubbio. Looking at the exterior decoration, the typical motifs of Citta di Castello,in various points, can be noticed which are the fortress and the cross with three towers.
On the bezel of the lower door, the figure of Justice is carved. The facade has a surface with bosses, rustic, consists of blocks of sandstone, ductile and soft stone presents in altotiberine hills, which easily lends itself to the realization not only of rustication, but also of the doors and windows.
Imposing and severe is the atrium where two massive octagonal pillars support the large coverage. From the capitals depart rectangular and round cross-ribs. Climbed the large sixteenth century staircase, on the right, it opens the spacious hall where the Council, after the restoration work, some fragments of frescoes came to light. There are preserved many Roman inscriptions on marble and stone as well as the stamps on bricks from the area; imposing is a fine statue of the Umbria Region by the local sculptor Elmo Palazzi. In the adjoining " Executive Room", in addition to s Garibaldi memorabilia, there is a large painting by Vincenzo Barboni "The Martyrdom of St. Lawrence" painted in 1832.