Cannara

Church of San Biagio

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Corso Cavour 126 - 06034 Foligno
info@iat.foligno.pg.it
The first evidence of the Church of San Biagio is a document dating back to 1244 . That's the period which the monks of San Benedetto del Subasio include the church in among their possessions.
The facade is still tardy Gothic and it was built with blocks of pink and white stone, arranged in alternate rows. On the major altar, to the left of the entrance, there is a painting, dated sixteenth century, depicting the Trinity, on the right the Saints Lorenzo and Benedict and to the left, San Biagio and Beato Lorenzo Giustiniani.