Inside the hall is an inscription in tempera saying: "The community of Monteleone that in 1732 transformed this granary into a theater testifies to the city's love for civil education for the peaceful training of art".
The small theatre of Monteleone di Orvieto is worth a visit both for the beauty of the interior, structured in two tiers of boxes, and for the theatrical review that is held during the year.
In the 1732 the theatre of Monteleone of Orvieto was built in the granary of the ancient public building of the village on the initiative of some young townsmen who asked the Municipality and obtained permission to represent some plays in the carnival period. Despite the objections of the public authorities and especially the papal government, which feared that the representations were inspired by the revolutionary ideas of the Renaissance, theatrical activity went on even in the following centuries. Over the time, the building was renovated and enlarged several times, particularly in 1894. Currently it presents a horseshoe plan and two two tiers of boxes, for a total of 96 seats.