Terni, city of love
At the southern edge of Umbria, Terni is at the centre of a large plain within the catchment area of the rivers Nera and Velino
The city of Saint Valentine and the Marmore waterfall, and noted for its industry, offers unexpected evidence of all periods of history and excellent examples of reuse of derelict industrial facilities. The 1925 SIRI chemical factory site now hosts CAOS- Centro per le Arti Opificio Siri - a great cultural space that comprises the archaeological Museum and the 'Aurelio de Felice' museum of modern and contemporary arts.
The Corso del Popolo designed by architects Mario Ridolofi and Wolfgang Frankl, is representative of the great urban transformations that occurred after the second world war, and features the 'Lancia di Luce', a 30 metre high steel artwork by Arnaldo Pomodoro (1993).