Oratory of Santa Maria dei Bianchi
The Oratory of Santa Maria dei Bianchi, formerly the Oratory of the Disciplinati, is located in the centre of Città della Pieve. The church is one of the city’s three parish churches, and part of a museum circuit along a city route that also includes the Palazzo della Corgna, the Museo Civico Diocesano di Santa Maria dei Servi, the cathedral, the church of San Pietro and the oratory of San Bartolomeo
From some documents we know that the church already existed in the 14th century and had a hospital attached to it, which later became a hospice. Beginning in the 18th century, construction started on a new church, on the structure of the previous one. In 1743 work on the interior was completed, and in 1772 the facade was begun, which was finished around 1780. The latter was influenced by both Rococo and Neoclassical tastes.