The Theatre of the Rustici
The Theatre of the Rustici is situated in Monteleone di Orvieto, a small historic village situated in the extreme north of the province of Terni.
Once the Theatre was
Originally the theatre of Monteleone of Orvieto was the granary of the ancient public building in the country. Infact in the hall there is a tempera ‘registration on which is written: "The Monteleone community in the year 1732 converting this granary into theater testifies the love of to the city to serene education of the Art".
It’s important visit the small theater of Monteleone di Orvieto both for the indoor beauty structured in two tiers of stages, both for the theater festival organized during the year.
In the 1732 the theatre of Monteleone of Orvieto was built in the granary of the ancient public building of the village on the initiative of some young monteleonesi who asked to the Municipality and obtained permission to represent some plays in the carnival period. Despite the contrasts of the public authorities and especially the papal government, which feared that the representations were inspired by the revolutionary ideas of the Renaissance, theatrical activity went on even in the following centuries. Over the time, the building was renovated and enlarged several times, particularly in 1894. Currently it presents a horseshoe plant and two two tiers of stages of 96 seats.