Panicale

The Collegiata Church of Michele Arcangelo

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Piazza Mazzini 10 - 06061 Castiglione del Lago
info@iat.castiglione-del-lago.pg.it
The collegiate church of San Michele Arcangelo is the parish church of Panicale. 
It was built in 1618 by Pope Paul V over an earlier Romanesque church whose façade was retained. The church was restored in 1696. The building is mainly tiled. The frames of the entrance doors are in travertine and sandstone. In the back of the church is a sandstone niche. Inside there is a painting of the Madonna and Saints by Perugino, a painting by Giovan Battista Caporali and a Presepio with the Padre Eterno.