Acquasparta

Church of Santa Cecilia

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Via Cassian Bon, 4 - 05100 Terni
info@iat.terni.it

The Church of Santa Cecilia (the Saint Patron of the Acquasparta) dates from the XII century, as visible from the apse. Inside the church it's remarkable the Cesia chapel. It was built in 1581. The building was ordered by Isabella Liviani Cesi, greatgrandmother of Frederick II, the Linceo.


In the famous collegiate of St. Cecilia, in the chapels, there are placed seven canvas from the late of the XVI century to the second half of the XVIII century , painted by different artists.