Church of St. Michael the Archangel - Citerna

map thumbnail

Tourist information and welcome office
Corso Cavour 5 - 06012 Città di Castello
The church of St. Michael the Archangel is situated at the historical center of Citerna and it is dedicated to the Saint Patron of the small village.
It has a very simple architecture provided with a thin façade with rose window and a Latin cross plan with a single nave with six chapels; the church choir is square and surmounted by a barrel vault. Inside there’s a large panel on the Crucifixion painted in 1570 by Niccolò Pomarancio and a valuable terracotta depicting the Virgin Mary and Child of the school of Giovanni della Robbia.