Otricoli

The Church of St. Giuseppe from Leonessa

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Via Cassian Bon, 4 - 05100 Terni
info@iat.terni.it
The Oratory of San Giuseppe from Leonessa was erected at Otricoli in 1761. 

It is an remarkable example of the eighteenth-century architecture in the historical center of Otricoli. The facade, which ends at the top with a wavy line, is dominated at the center by an iron cross on shaped base and at the sides by two decorative elements in the shape of a vase. Inside it’s completely decorated in white stucco and in the vault there is a painting depicting the Holy reported in glory. On the altar, inside a niche,it is kept the wooden statue of the Saint. On the walls there are eighteenth century paintings on the life of the Saint and on his miracles.