In 1666 the new church was consecrated by the Bishop of Spoleto. Further restorations date to 1741 and 1834. Between 1951 and 1957 the church was restored to its original form, demolishing baroque elements and restoring the missing parts.
Today the restorations are seen in the floor, the staircase leading to the presbytery, the wooden pitched roof, the great oculus of the facade with the reconstruction of the central arches. The current structure is a basilica layout with a raised presbytery and naves separated by columns with arches crossing characterized by rincassate rings resting on abraded capitals for baroque interventions. The facade dates back to the early thirteenth century. It is built in travertine blocks; below there are three doors, with the central one richly adorned; higher up is divided into five parts by four shaped pilaster strips; those on the right are extended to the belfry; between the pilaster strips there are three lights; row of blind arches resting on molded brackets human and animal heads runs above that. By the pilasters are four projecting busts, two animalistic ones and the third one in the shape of a crowned man's head.
The central door of the facade uses partially reworked Roman jambs; at the impost are, on the left, the winged bust of St. Michael with spear in one hand and open book in the other one; next to him a dragon tries to bite the spear of the archangel; under is the inscription Rodolfo and Binello made these works; Christ always bless them; St. Michael keep them.
The other side is an angel with a processional cross and title block. The crypt consists of twelve spans divided by six slender columns.