Agrégateur de contenus

Octagonal church of Santa Maria della Reggia - Umbertide

The church of Santa Maria della Reggia is in Umbertide at Piazza Mazzini, past the bridge over the river Reggia.

This majestic building with an octagonal exterior and circular interior was begun in 1559 on a plan by Galeazzo Alessi and Giulio Danti, continued by Bino Sozi and concluded by Bernardino Sermigni in 1663. Sixteen columns support the entablature on which the 40-metre high dome rests. Behind the high altar is a fifteenth-century fresco of the Madonna with Child and two Saints, showing the influence of Gubbio; above the organ gallery is the Transfiguration by Nicholas Circignani, signed and dated (1578).
Heures
Explorez les environs
Les principales attractions dans les environs