Church of San Biagio - Porano

map thumbnail

Tourist information and welcome office
Piazza Duomo 24 - 05018 Orvieto
Since XIII century the Parish church of San Biagio in Porano is mentioned by the Ratio Decimarum the register of tithes collect-ed by the ecclesiastical authorities.
Currently the aspect is a very different from the original be-cause of the numerous interventions on the structure.
In the church there are two frescos depicting San Biagio and the customer and the Annunciation by Orvieto school of the four-teenth century. There is also a beautiful marble holy water font sculpted by Rutilio Laurenzi, in 1608.
Between the walls of the church it is a relic of Fra 'Paolo da Porano, the Franciscan coat of arms of his robe, donated by the neighboring convent of San Crispino, where the Brother is bur-ied. In the sacristy, however, it is a processional beam cross of the fifteenth century.