Traces of inscriptions, frescoes, large windows and emblems are on the walls. You can see the emblem of the Orsini family above the central pillar of the façade. At a certain height the iron rings are evidence of the pillory. In the medieval epoch it housed the urban magistrates. The upper part of the palace is a Renaissance building.
Over the centuries has undergone many changes and it became in 1618 the headquarters of the Scolopian fathers who founded the student residence and the public school of the town there until the second half of 1800. Next to the Priori Palace there is the Civic tower of 1200 overlooking the city and the entire valley. Between the tower and the loggia is the small loggia of the town crier where public notices were read. According to tradition it was used by St. Bernardino da Siena to preach to the people, and the first mayor was proclaimed here on Narni’s Liberation Day (13 June 1944).
The Palace is located on the eastern side of Priori Square.