The Clock Tower - Monteleone di Orvieto fr - The Clock Tower - Monteleone di Orvieto fr
Agrégateur de contenus
The tower was built at the end of 1800 by the Monteleone architect Filidio Lemmi using bricks manufactured in local kilns, which give the building a warm and harmonious tone.
In the tower is the large clockface whose hands were moved by an elaborate and monumental pendulum machine; its stone weights, descending along the tower, gave movement to the mechanism. The facade is further embellished by a bas-relief, also in brick, representing the coat of arms of Monteleone, made by Prof. Michele Lemmi.