Under the church there are remains of the original building dating back to the thirteenth century. There are a crypt, part of the façade, on which it’s visible a series of Gothic arches. The lower part of the bell tower with a series of mullioned windows, three lights and four . In the sixteenth century the church was raised and built the external staircase floor; in 1574 he redid the apse. The truss roof collapsed in 1667 and was replaced with a brick vault in 1679. The interior, with a nave, a Latin cross with side chapels. In the counter frescoes by Annibale Ubertis of the late nineteenth century they are visible. In the first chapel on the right it is a beautiful wooden crucifix attributed to Peter Teutonic (XVI century); in the second chapel it is a Madonna and Child with Angels and Saints by Domenico Alfani; in the third chapel there are kept frescoes by Giacinto Boccanera dating the beginning of the eighteenth century. In the presbytery there is a Madonna with Saints John the Evangelist, John the Baptist, Peter Martyr and Blessed Giacomo Villa Giannicola of Paul and the apse a Madonna and Child with Saints Peter, Paul, Gervasio and Protasio (1514)by the Perugino, which is also the author of the San Giovanni Battista (1510)in the first chapel on the left.