- 1 night at "Albornoz Palace Hotel" in Spoleto
- 1 night at "Abbazia di S.Felice e Mauro" in S.Anatolia di Narco
- Accommodation in double room, breakfast included
- Dinners in the hotel restaurants, drinks excluded
- Entrance to the Marmore Waterfall Park (if available, guided tour)
- Entrance and visit to the Hemp Museum
- Train from Terni to Spoleto
- E-bike rental with pick-up at the accomodation
- Hiking guide for 2 days
- Carriage of luggage
- Medical/baggage insurance
- Meals not indicated, tips, transport, transfers from / to airport or station, personal extras and anything not indicated in "The price includes"
- Optional cancellation insurance, quotation on request.
Among the Italian mountain railways, the Spoleto-Norcia, designed in 1912, represented a daring, difficult undertaking, almost a railway work of art.
Set among the Apennines, but therefore considered an Alpine railway due to its elevation characteristics, the Spoleto-Norcia was a real engineering jewel: in just 51 kilometers there were 19 tunnels, including that of the Caprareccia pass almost 2 kilometers long, 24 bridges and viaducts with helical sections, slopes up to 45 per thousand!A real artistic and landscape heritage abandoned for too many years, which finally returned to shine in 2014.
After the restoration and consolidation of the old route, an unparalleled pedestrian and cycle path of about 34 km made of tunnels was inaugurated. , viaducts, impervious gorges and waterways.Spoleto-Norcia is a historical and naturalistic itinerary inserted among Italian Cultural Heritage that attracts lovers of nature, outdoors, mountains.Our proposal will make you travel the stretch from Spoleto to Terni by e-Bike, obviously accompanied by an expert guide.
E-Bike outings program:
First day: from the center of Spoleto to S. Anatolia di Narco. It starts with a visit to the most significant monuments of Spoleto reachable by bicycle: the Rocca, the Ponte delle Torri, the Cathedral, the Market Square and the Arch of Drusus. Continue to the entrance of the former Spoleto Norcia railway to arrive at the square of S. Anatolia di Narco and continue to the Abbey of San Felice e Mauro in Castel San Felice. This is the most beautiful stretch of Spoleto-Norcia, to which are added the main treasures of Spoleto and one of the most beautiful Benedictine abbeys of the Valnerina. Tot. 25 km, duration about 2 and a half hours.
Second day: from Castel San Felice to Terni. The exit begins shortly after the graft with the route of the former railway near Sant'Anatolia di Narco. The route is beautiful and easy, almost completely unpaved up to the Marmore Falls. Starting from the Benedictine abbey of San Felice and Mauro, we meet Sant'Anatolia, Scheggino, Ceselli, Ferentillo, Arrone, Casteldilago and the Marmore waterfall, up to the station of Terni, along the Valnerina. Tot. 37 km, duration about 3 hours.