Nobile Collegio del Cambio - Perugia
Built between 1452 and 1457 within the new wing of the Priori Palace, it was home for the guild of the currency changers.
From the Legisti Hall, with a court on the end wall and side wooden stalls carved and inlaid by Gian Pietro Zuccari, leads into the Audience Hall, designed for meetings and reception of the public.
On half of the right wall there are the courts and counters executed by Domenico Tasso, whereas the walls host a frescoes cycle made by Pietro Vannucci called the Perugino between 1498 and 1500.
Inspired by the iconographic programme of Francesco Maturanzio, a humanist from Perugia, it represents mythological figures (on the vault), famous characters of the Greek and Roman history, liberal Arts, Sibyls and prophets (on the right and left walls), the Transfiguration of Christ and the Crib (end wall).
From here one goes to the chapel of St. John the Baptist, with frescoes by Giannicola di Paolo.