Cathedral of Amelia
In the nineteenth century the pink baked facade was completed. The awesome interior keeps important art works such as: paintings by F. Zuccari, G.F. Perini, Niccolò Pomarancio, one spire table of the Sienese school for a long time attributed to Duccio da Buoninsegna (later to a local painter), a tablet depicting the Madonna e il Bambino attributed to Antoniazzo Romano.
The chapel of SS. Sacramento of the century XVI is remarkable. It has an octagonal shape and it preserves an interesting painting attributed to Taddeo Zuccari and the marble monument of Bishops Bartholomew and beautiful marble monument of the Bishop Baldo Farrattini by the artist Ippolito Scalza of Orvieto. The walls are painted by Luigi Fontana. In the cathedral there are also sculptures by Agostino di Duccio, Scalza and Dosio. Remarkable also the baptismal font in the Renaissance style, with small marble statue of St. John the Baptist referring perhaps to the Donatello school. Under the altar they are preserved the bodies of the patron saints of Amelia Santa Fermina and Sant'Olimpiade. The copy of the "Cross of Evangelization" is exposed on the left of the wall. In 1514 this copy was blessed and raised by Mons. Alessandro Geraldini, first bishop who arrived in the island "La Española" currently corresponding to the Dominican Republic and Haiti. Pope John Paul II gave in to the Diocese of Amelia in 1986.
Finally, two important organs are preserved in the Cathedral: the Great organ built in 1904 by firm the Rieger of Jaegerndorf in Austrian Silesia in the eighteenth-century. In the Cathedral it is situated in cornu epistulae in the presbyteryone is a recently restored rare wing organ of 1600.