Days 1-3: Assisi
On Day 1 you'll be picked up at the Fiumicino Rome airport by a private driver and taken to your 5-star accommodation in Assisi (driving time 2 hr 30 mins), where you'll stay for 3 nights (spa entrance included). In addition to providing you with sightseeing and restaurant suggestions we'll arrange the following activities for you:
The afternoon you arrive or if you prefer, the next morning, you'll enjoy a private half-day tour of Assisi with an official licensed guide registered with the Region of Umbria.
One day your driver will pick you up in the late morning and bring you half an hour south to Montefalco, known for its Sagrantino, Passito and Secco wine. You'll visit a winery where you'll enjoy a private tour and tasting of their most renowned wines and top quality olive oil. After your tasting your driver will bring you to the town of Montefalco as well as the picturesque nearby village of Spello. You will visit these towns with an official licensed guide registered with the Region of Umbria. Your driver will then bring you back to Assisi.
Another day you will enjoy a private tour and tasting at a renowned winery. Your driver will then bring you to Bevagna as well as the charming nearby village of Trevi. You will visit these towns with an official licensed guide registered with the Region of Umbria. Your driver will then bring you back to Assisi.
Days 4-5: The Valnerina
On Day 4 your driver will take you 30 mins south to Spoleto where you will meet your official licensed guide registered with the Region of Umbria for a private half-day tour. After your tour and some free time for lunch your driver will take you 30 mins northeast to your unique four-star accommodation where you'll stay for two nights.
The next day your driver will take you 45 mins south to a renowned restaurant where you'll spend a day dedicated to the prized black truffle of the Nera Valley.
- Truffle presentation: what it is, where it can be found, in which types of soil, how to recognize truffles in different seasons, how to train the dogs.
- Practical demonstration: the restaurant owns land on which truffles can be found. Guests will be taken into the countryside to see how the dogs hunt for truffles.
- Cooking class: with qualified chefs, demonstration of how to cook truffles to bring out their qualities. How to prepare a basic sauce, which oil to use, how to serve truffle with eggs and how to use it in appetizers, first courses and meat and fish dishes. In the cooking class you will see how homemade pasta is made and typical Umbrian and local dishes will be prepared.
- Lunch and tasting: An incredible menu made up of truffle-based dishes made with local seasonal products will be enjoyed. White, red and dessert wine all produced in Umbria will accompany the dishes.
Days 6-7: Todi
On Day 6 your driver will take you 1 hr 20 mins west to Todi which you'll visit with an official licensed guide registered with the Region of Umbria. After some free time for lunch you'll continue 25 mins to your 4-star farmhouse accommodation.
The next day your driver will drive you 25 mins to Deruta. Deruta's pride and joy is majolica ceramics. After visiting a ceramics workshop and plenty of time on your own for browsing and for lunch, your driver will take you 20 mins north to Perugia where you'll meet your official licensed guide registered with the Region of Umbria for a private half-day tour.
Day 8: Departure
Today your driver will bring you to the Rome airport (driving time 2 hours) for your flight home.
A Week of Art, Wine and Truffles in Umbria, the Green Heart of Italy
A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total price of the trip is due at the moment of booking. The balance is due 60 days prior to the commencement of services. Payment is accepted by Visa and Mastercard (subject to processing fee of 2.3%), Amex (fee of 2.4%) or international wire transfer.
Cancellations, effective upon receipt of written notification, are subject to the following penalties of the full trip price:
- 20% non-refundable deposit due at the time of confirmation
- 59-29 days prior to arrival: 50% penalty
- 28-14 days prior to arrival: 80% penalty
- 13 days prior to arrival: 100% penalty