1st Day: Water: Piediluco Lake and Marmore Waterfalls
Arrival in Piediluco and enjoy the enchanting view of the Lake. Piediluco is a picturesque town whose name means “at the foot of the mountain”. The lake is so irregular in shape that it could be an alpine lake. It is very charming and surrounded by wooden hills. Among these the Echo Mountain, which owes its name to the fact that it is able to perfectly throw back the voice. Close to Piediluco's Lake there is the magnifcent Marmore Waterfall, created by the ancient Romans. Its total height is 165 meters, making it the tallest man-made waterfall in the world.At the footstep of the waterfall you will taste an unforgettable “panino con la porchetta” (sandwich with porchetta) with a glass of red wine.Overnight at a nice farmhouse in the area.
2nd Day : Truffle hunting and Assisi
Breakfast and check-out. Departure towards Montefalco area for the amazing experience of truffle hunting. The truffle hunt lasts about 1 hour and half. After the truffle hunting head back to the main building for the tasting truffle-based dishes.After lunch back to Assisi for the visit of this medieval town built on a hill and birthplace of Saint Francis, the founder of the franciscan order.Dinner free and overnight in Assisi.
3rd day: Perugia
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Perugia for the visit of the historical centre, dating back to the Etruscan period. Tour will include the Church of San Domenico, Palazzo dei Priori and the National Gallery of Umbrian Art in Middle Ages and Renaissance. Free time to stroll around. Return back to Assisi for overnight.
4th day: Ceramic in Deruta
Breakfast and check-out. Proceed on to Deruta, famous all over the world for its colorful ceramic. You will have the chance to assist to a laboratory of a craftsman and to try to create an object with a lathe.After this amazing experience, your journey proceeds on to your own departure city.
-a deposit of 30 per cent of the total amount of the journey is required upon confirmation
- balance is due 7 days before check-in date
- cancellations occurred up to 7 days before check-in date are not subject to penalty
- from 7 to 2 days before check-in date: 50 per cent of the total amount of your journey will be required as penalty
- for cancellations occurred less than 2 days before check-in date or in case of no-show: 100 per cent penalty will be applied
The package includes-
1 overnight/BB basis at a farmhouse in Terni area
- 2 overnights/BB basis at a 3*** hotel in Assisi area
- guided tour of Piediluco, Marmore Waterfalls, Perugia
- entrance ticket to Marmore Waterfalls
- truffle hunting and truffle tasting in Montefalco area
- 24/7 days emergency phone number
The package does not include
- personal extras
An amazing journey through some of the highlights of Umbria region