Spoleto

Teatro Romano - Spoleto

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Piazza della Libertà 7 - 06049 Spoleto
info@iat.spoleto.pg.it
The Roman Theatre (1st century B.C.), an eloquent trace of Roman Spoleto, was brought back to light between 1954 and 1960.
It was identified in 1891 by Giuseppe Sordini through a 16th century drawing that placed it in the area of St. Agata’s Convent. Today it is included into the complex hosting the State Archaeological Museum and it is still used for performances and plays. It is accessed from via St. Agata but it’s possible to view it from the outside, from the overlook on piazza della Libertà, through the arcades placed on the West side.