Town Hall - Montefalco - Town Hall - Montefalco
Built in 1270 in a much small size, was later enlarged on the whole left side during the 15th century, when a porch with octagonal pillars, finished off with capitals decorated with large Acanthus leaves, was added: a big terrace dominating the square rises above the Renaissance loggia.
The façade along Corso Mameli preserves a beautiful recording of the 1200 building: the elegant twin window with a spiral pillar.
A fresco of the “Madonna of Majesty”, attributable to Giovanni di Corraduccio, is located within the second hall of the Library. The current Council Hall, on the last floor of the Palace, was the headquarters in 1700 of the Theatre of Eagle that remained active until the end of 1800. The Council Hall presents elegant 1800 decorations and is furnished with tables, chairs and benches with the municipal emblem engraved on their back.
The Town Square, which brings together all the main roads of the respective entrance gates to the city, opens in front of the Town Hall. The same square is overlooked by the S. Filippo Neri Theatre, the Oratory of St. Maria del Popolo or di Piazza and private palaces such as Palazzo Bontadosi, Palazzo Santi – Gentili, Palazzo Senili (now Andreani), Palazzo de Cuppis (now Camilli) and Palazzo Pieroni (now Beddini – Meffetti).