Places of culture

Porta Sant'Angelo (Sant'Angelo Door)

map thumbnail

Tourist information and welcome office
Piazza Matteotti, 18 - Loggia dei Lanari - 06121 Perugia
Porta Sant'Angelo (Sant'Angelo Door) dates back to the XIII century. Above the entrance there are two time slots which housed, at that time, the operating mechanisms of the drawbridge, later replaced by a stone bridge.
In the first decades of the twentieth century the moat was filled in and demolished to make way for the bridge roadway. The brick battlements that crown the termination of the gate were reconstructed in the intervention of restoration of 1931.