Valfabbrica

Santuario della Madonna dell'Olmo

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Via della Repubblica 15 - 06024 Gubbio
info@iat.gubbio.pg.it
It is situated in the most modern part of the village, at the public park.
Dating to the 15th century, its interior is enriched with frescoes, some of which are attributed to Matteo da Gualdo. The sanctuary is located on the spot of the miracle of May 22, 1484 when  the Blessed Virgin appeared on an elm tree to shepherds. The trunk of the elm is still preserved inside the church.