Village

Fabro

Located in southwestern Umbria, very near the border with Lazio and Tuscany, the village of Fabro stands on a rise facing the Chiani stream. Halfway between Rome and Florence along the A1 motorway, the municipal territory touches the provinces of Viterbo, Siena and Perugia.


Tourist information and welcome office
Piazza Duomo 24 - 05018 Orvieto
info@iat.orvieto.tr.it
STORIA

Fabro was a fortified village whose history was closely connected with that of Orvieto. No historical documents from before 1810 still exist because Napoleon's troops destroyed the municipal archives when passing through the area. All that remains are the Statutes of Fabro Castle drawn up in 1548 by the feudal vassal Filippo Pepoli.

 

HISTORY
Fabro was a fortified village whose history was closely connected with that of Orvieto. No historical documents from before 1810 still exist because Napoleon's troops destroyed the municipal archives when passing through the area. All that remains are the Statutes of Fabro Castle drawn up in 1548 by the feudal vassal Filippo Pepoli.