Sellano

Chiesa di San Francesco - Sellano

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Corso Cavour 126 - 06034 Foligno
info@iat.foligno.pg.it
The Church of St. Francis, also known as Our Lady of the Cross, is located at the end of the village of Sellano.
Concluded in 1538, it has a structure made of ashlar stones with an octagonal plant, a pronaos surmounted by a pediment and an apse with a rectangular plant.
It presents the same typology of many mountain’s sanctuaries.
The interior of the church is split into three aisles, with two 16th century stucco altars. The high altar shows a fresco of the 16th century depicting a “Virgin with the Child”.