Lieux de la culture

Porta Sant'Angelo (Sant'Angelo Gate)

map thumbnail


Bureau d’accueil touristique
Piazza Matteotti, 18 - Loggia dei Lanari - 06121 Perugia
info@iat.perugia.it
Porta Sant'Angelo (Sant'Angelo Gate) dates back to the 13th century. Above the entrance there are two slots which housed, at that time, the operating mechanisms of the drawbridge, later replaced by a stone bridge.
In the first decades of the twentieth century the moat was filled in and demolished to make way for the bridge roadway. The brick battlements that crown the gate were reconstructed in the restoration work of 1931.