The Church of San Salvatore

map thumbnail

Tourist information and welcome office
Via Cassian Bon, 4 - 05100 Terni
In a notary deed of 1235 the Church was called Chapel S. Salvatoris. It has a rectangular plan with a belfry above the facade.

The church isn’t considered remarkable from the point of architectural view. But now the Church is object of numerous studies. So thanks to the recent restoration that has brought to light a rare fourteenth-century fresco of the Umbrian school. Instead, the votive frescoes on the side walls, including three images depicting the "Madonna del Latte, are remarkable from the point of historical and artistic view.