A pleasant weekend in Umbria to discover the art of lace-making, an ancient tradition still practised at Lake Trasimeno, and typical cuisine based on lake fish and Umbrian specialities.
An expert guide authorised by the Umbria Region will accompany you to discover Isola Maggiore, where St. Francis also lived, and the Lace Museum.
A walk through the alleyways of Panicale to admire a suggestive view of the lake, a visit to the Tulle Museum and then on to Castiglione del Lago.
Arrival by own means at the Passignano sul Trasimeno pier. Meeting with a tourist guide authorised by the Umbria Region and boarding of the boat for Isola Maggiore. On the way, guided tour with general information on Lake Trasimeno: origin, history, most important events, traditions.
Arrival at Isola Maggiore and tour of the island on foot (approx. 1½ hours) to admire the churches of S.Salvatore and S.Michele Arcangelo, a glimpse of the Guglielmi Castle and a stop at the island's most scenic spots in the footsteps of St. Francis, who lived here.
Visit to the Lace Museum where numerous Irish lace artefacts are kept, representing the typical craftsmanship of this island, which began in the early 20th century with the establishment of a workshop by the Marchesa Guglielmi.
Lunch in a typical restaurant with a lake fish menu.
Return by boat mid-afternoon.
Transfer by own means to an agriturismo .
Accommodation in a flat.
Dinner-tasting of farm-produced wines and platter of local cured meats and cheeses.
Breakfast served with basket in the flat.
Transfer by own means to Panicale.
Walking tour to visit the small village, the central square, the Church of St Sebastian where two frescoes by Perugino are preserved, and stop at panoramic viewpoints over the surrounding countryside and Lake Trasimeno.
Visit to the Tulle Museum, where you can admire real works of art from the local Embroidery School and created over the years by the women of the village.
Transfer by own means to Castiglione del Lago.
Free visit of the historic centre, the Palazzo della Corgna and the corridor connecting it to the Castello del Leone, a pentagonal fortification overlooking the lake.
Lunch in a restaurant in the historic centre with a menu of Umbrian specialities.
In the afternoon, return by own means to the place of origin.
- 25% down payment at booking.
- Balance within 20 days of arrival.Free cancellation up to 30 days.
- Penalty 25% from 29th to 20th day.
- Then 100% penalty.
- Accommodation in a flat on a farm near the lake.
- Treatment of overnight stay and breakfast served with basket in the flat.
- Roundtrip boat ticket to Isola Maggiore.
- Guided tour of 1½ hours on Isola Maggiore.
- Entrance ticket to the Lace Museum on Isola Maggiore.
- Lunch with lake fish menu.
- Dinner-tasting with wine and charcuterie board at an agriturismo.
- Entrance ticket to the Tulle Museum in Panicale.
- Lunch in Castiglione del Lago with typical Umbrian menu.
- Transport and meals not indicated under 'included'.
- Drinks for the two lunches .
- Visitor's tax.
- Personal extras, tips and anything not mentioned under 'included'.
Un piacevole week-end in Umbria alla scoperta dell'arte del merletto, antica tradizione ancora oggi praticata al Lago Trasimeno e della cucina tipica a base di pesce di lago e specialità umbre.
Una guida esperta vi accompagnerà alla scoperta di Isola Maggiore in cui abitò anche S.Francesco e del Museo del Merletto.
Una passeggiata a piedi per i vicoli di Panicale per ammirare un suggestivo panorama sul lago, una visita al Museo del Tulle e poi si arriva a Castiglione del Lago.