Bevagna

Fountain - Bevagna

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Corso Cavour 126 - 06034 Foligno
info@iat.foligno.pg.it
The fountain was inaugurated on August 23, 1896; it was built over a medieval well that was used to provide water to the city's historic center.
By the will of the population and with the consent of the municipal administration, the installation of a new water supply system was voted by the citizens in 1889 as well as the construction of the "Monumental Piazza Fontana" in place of the old well. So it was that May 6, 1894 the City Council then decided to abandon the project for the pipeline called "del Monte", deemed too onerous for the municipal coffers and insufficient to meet the water needs of the city.