Church of SS.Assunta Maria in Cielo - Montegabbione
Since 1873 the church was built as progression of the stone ancient circular chapel and the annexed stone bell tower(perhaps once part of the castle complex). The church is partly based on the ancient cemetery (which was brought outside the walls in 1864).
The church is characterized by Byzantine style and it was decorated by the artists from Perugia Francesco Biscarini and Raffaele Angeletti.
Inside there are three terracotta altars, with stone table: the main altar dedicated to SS.Assunta Maria in Cielo; the altar of St. Giuseppe, patron of the town of Montegabbione and the altar of Maria SS.ma.
In back of the church is the choir, elevated, with a pipe organ, a work of Nicomedes Agati of Pistoia. Next to the parish church there is the chapel of SS.mo Sacramento (formerly dedicated to St. Rita) and the sacristy.
Next to the church currently it stands a reinforced concrete bell tower, built in the fifties.