Lisciano Niccone

The Castle of Reschio

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Corso Cavour 5 - 06012 Città di Castello
info@iat.citta-di-castello.pg.it
It is located on the border of the territory of Perugia with the Tuscan, in the town of Lisciano Niccone, on a hill about 3 km from the State of the Niccone Valley. It was built before 1000 and in 1200 it belonged to the Marquis del Monte.
It is told, infact, that in 1202 Uguccione and Guido, sons of theMarquis Raniero, granted and subdued in Perugia, among others, theReschio area. In the Middle Ages this aerea was a long disputed by the Lords of Perugia, Florence and Città di Castello for its strategicposition. The castle is in state of good preservation andstill has its Renaissance characteristics, after repeated restorationsof which it has been the object. Inside there is the parishchurch of Reschio dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel that since XIV century it depends on the priory church of Preggio.
[www.lisciano.org]