One hundred years of the Umbrian National Gallery
The Umbrian National Gallery, boasting an extraordinary collection of masterpieces by artists such as Beato Angelico, Perugino, Piero della Francesca, Pintoricchio, has been founded on 17 January 1918. Its centenary will be celebrated through a series of important initiatives devoted to the promotion and valorisation of the art of the territory from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance, with a particular attention to the collection of the Gallery, a real anthology of the highest achievements of the Umbrian school.
The first exhibition on schedule, curated by C. Galassi and M. Pierini, will open on 10th March with the title "All Umbria in an exhibition. The exhibition of 1907 and the Umbrian art among the Middle Ages and Renaissance" and will remain open until 10th June.
The exhibition, taking inspiration from the historical "Umbrian art exhibition" of 1907, will propose again the astonishing wealth of art forms that flourished between the Middle Ages and Renaissance: one hundred artworks of authors such as Gentile da Fabriano, Niccolò di Liberatore, Matteo da Gualdo and Perugino.
The year of celebrations will close ideally with another exhibition that, from 22 September 2018 to 6 January 2019, will present a selection of artworks of the Umbrian school from the end of 1200 to the middle of 1500, kept in store after decades of absence in the exhibition itinerary.
The two important exhibitions will be also flanked by a photographic review devoted to music: the exhibition of Guido Harari, one of the leading contemporary photographers of music as well as author of famous portraits and well-known album covers.
For further information
Umbrian National Gallery
Perugia, corso Pietro Vannucci, 19
Information: Phone Number 075.58668415; email@example.com