Asset-Herausgeber

Church of the Madonna della Crocetta
The small church of the Madonna della Crocetta is situated on the road leading to the village of Piegaro.
It was presumably founded in the second half of the 16th century as the seat of the Brotherhood of Crocetta.
In fact,  its coat of arms, consisting of a small Greek cross, is a decorative element inside the church.  In 1851 the church underwent a major renovation which did not, however, alter the original appearance. Outside, the building is very simple presenting as only decorative element the bell tower and the central rose window in the facade. The interior has a single nave covered by a barrel vault interrupted by lateral sails. The ceiling frescoes depicting the Assumption of the Virgin and dating from the 16th - 17th century are worth noting.   Unfortunately, today they are in a bad state of preservation.
die Umgebung entdecken
Hauptattraktionen in der Nähe
das kann dich auch interessieren
einzigartige Ideen um Umbrien zu entdecken
Die beste Angebote für dich in Piegaro
einzigartige Ideen um Umbrien zu entdecken