Deruta

Pinacoteca comunale- Deruta

map thumbnail


Tourist information and welcome office
Piazza Matteotti, 18 - Loggia dei Lanari - 06121 Perugia
info@iat.perugia.it
Since 1999 the Municipal Art Gallery is set up with the Consuls palace. The fourteenth century building has Gothic style at the bottom while the above range is the result of eighteenth-century restoration.
The building has been entirely dedicated to preserve the art history collection and it was the first housing of the Regional Museum of Ceramics, that was transferred in the new seat of the convent of San Francesco, in 1998.  Since the beginning of the twentieth century the collection was formed by works already belonging to churches demaniate and during  the century it is gradually enriched.   Especially in 1931, when Consilia Pascoli, heir of the collector and art writer Lyon Pascoli lived in the seventeenth century , donated about forty works to the town.  On the first floor it preserves paintings from the church of San Francesco and the surrounding area, among which the Madonna dei Consoli and the banner of Saint Anthony of Niccolò di Liberatore said the Pupil and the Lord and the saints Romano and Rocco di Pietro Vannucci Perugino. On the second floor it was placed the Pascoli collection: the approximately forty works donated were made by artists active between the seventeenth and eighteenth century as Giovanni Battista Gaulli, Sebastiano Conca, Francesco Trevisani, Antonio Amorosi, Francesco Graziani and Pietro Van Blomen and are significative representatives of Roman collections of the early eighteenth century.