St. Valentine's Day - St. Valentine's Day
On the 14th February Terni is going to decorate in festive mood for the whole day in order to celebrate its Patron Saint, protector of all lovers.
Appointments in honour of the Saint are continuing until March, but on the 14th February the Love's Town is going to live fully the "St. Valentine's Day".
A lot of initatives are going to be organized throughout the course of the day: both liturgical celebrations and more "profane" moments, such as big shows and concerts, exhibitions, focuses and the traditional St. Valentine's Fair.
The complete schedule of the day follows.
- At 9.30 am in the Terni's Cathedral: SOLEMN PONTIFICAL WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF ALL PARISHES, carried out by the Celebrations' Committee, the Cathedral and the Liturgical Office.
- At 2.30 pm, in the church-square of the St. Valentine's Basilica: musical exhibition of the Cesi's Band and of Narni's flag-wavers, carried out by the Valentinian cultural Center and by the St. Valentine's parish.
- At 5 pm, CAOS - Siri Arts Center and Factory: meeting with Gianni Berengo Gardin's pictures, books and life, carried out by Contrasto and Civita Exhibitions in collaboration with Indisciplinarte.
- At 6 pm, at the St. Francis' Church: concert "Coronation's Mass" by W. A. Mozart for Soloists, Choir, Orchestra, Organ and the "Magnificat BWN 243" by J. S. Bach. With the Terni's "St. Francis of Assisi" polyphonic Choir and the Fara in Sabina's "Enchantment" Choir. Master M° Ricardo Alejandro Luna Kappelmeister of the Kirche St. Karl Borromaus in Wien. Carried out by the Association "Terni's St. Francis of Assisi Polyphonic Choir".
- "At St. Valentine light up your heart for epilepsy", launch of the research tender, carried out by the Italian Association against epilepsy (AICE).
- St. Valentine's Fair, P. le Trento.
- Pastoral Postmark at the St. Valentine's Parish, for the whole day.
For further information: