"Every home has its own Crescionda". This is how they say in Spoleto and its surroundings, because every family jealously guards its own secret recipe to prepare this dessert. It is typical of the Carnival period but, by now, it is eaten at any time of the year.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar
- Add the cinnamon powder and the bitter cocoa and continue to mix the mixture with a whisk.
- Add the grated zest of a lemon and the grated dark chocolate.
- Add the flour and the shredded macaroons.
- Finally, gradually add the milk until get a fairly liquid compound. Let's pour it into a pan with a diameter of 24cm previously covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a ventilated oven at 180 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool completely before taking it out of the mold. If possible, leave the Spoleto crescionda to rest for at least one night in the refrigerator before serving.
- Decorate the surface with macaroons or unsweetened cocoa powder.